Activities Bainbridge United Kingdom
Theo James Recruitment provides specialist permanent recruitment solutions to the Engineering and Manufacturing industries across the North East of England.
Our determination to ensure our clients receive a first class service emphasises our focus on developing long-term relationships across all industry sectors within Engineering and Manufacturing to include;
* Oil & Gas / Sub-Sea
* Energy/ Renewables
Corepeople is a privately owned recruitment agency which operates across the North of England.
I was recruited to re-instate Technical and Professional recruitment within Manufacturing and Engineering industries within the company.
Provided effective leadership to a team of specialist recruiters who were each dedicated to managing a specialist discipline and becoming an expert in their field.
Covering the North East region, the Manufacturing and Engineering recruitment team handled permanent and temporary recruitment assignments in the following industry sectors:
• Food Manufacturing
• Chemical Processing
• Oil & Gas
• Lead role in the planning & execution of strategic objectives of the business.
• To plan, manage and implement business improvement activities in line with company strategy.
• To provide effective leadership to an Operations Management team of 5, and there sub-ordinates (Team Leaders 10, shop Floor 90).
• Manage the use of financial & physical resources, and determine the effective use of such resources to achieve the business plan.
• Manage the necessary changes to organisation activities, which produce improvements in line with a philosophy of continuous improvement.
• Play a lead role in the promotion of continuous quality improvement of products, services and processes, in line with the companies ISO9001 accreditation.
• Plan & Prepare annual Budget
• Plan, prepare and manage projects
• Departments under direct control = Manufacturing, Engineering and Maintenance, Quality, Health & safety, Planning, Transport, Logistics & Warehousing.
- Nov 1992 - Promoted to Management AccountantApril 1998 - Moved to Operational Role as Production Manager including Warehousing / Despatch• Operations strategy/policy formulation, including Mission, Vision and Statement of Intent.
• Initiation and delivery of Team Leader development program to NVQ level 2 and 3.
• Headed / lead major change projects;
o Re-contracting of entire shop floor workforce to include removal of all shop floor bonus schemes, and eradication of outdated practices ie. Departmental L.I.F.O.
o 6 Month cost reduction project, resulted in cost reduction from £2.20 / kg to £1.30 / kg including 100% labour efficiency improvement.
o Lead divisional Cash flow today project targeting specifically inventory reduction, achieved 18% overall reduction over 16 month period (£385k)
• Selected as member of Senior Management Business Excellence team whose terms of reference was to define company strategy in line with EFQM excellence model.